Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why I won't vote

For those of you that know me, I like to talk about politics on the "Internets."

I'm not the most politically astute fellow but I do have an opinion. Which, in this day and age, means absolutely SQUAT.

Up until about six months ago, I had a huge interest in the 2008 Presidential Election. My candidate of choice was Ron Paul. That was until he decided to "suspend" his Presidential campaign in order to focus on retaining his seat in the House. Since then, I honestly haven't paid too much attention. That's sad, considering the fact that this election is probably one of the most important votes I will have in my lifetime.

I'm just not that impressed with McCain or Obama.

They both suck in so many different ways that it makes my ass hurt just thinking about it.

But they share one thing in common; they both, will not get my vote because they are not willing to investigate/prosecute the Bush Administration.

I realize that whomever becomes President will have their hands full with two wars(possibly three: Hello Iran), a disgusting economy and high gas prices...just to name a few. However, any politician who stands up and takes action against the Bush Administration sends a clear-cut message that you "won't get away with this shit."

Most importantly, it tells Americans like me(those who have our eyes open) that not only do you see the forest through the trees but that you also have balls. It also shows that you you hold a high respect for that little piece of paper with rules on it. What's that called again?

Oh yeah, the Constitution.

2 comments:

christina piercy said...

Good writing snoo! i think ppl will enjoy reading your... thoughts.

Todd said...

Hey Barrett,
I guess I'm your future cousin-in-law. I can appreciate people who say what they want to say without worrying about what people think or what's PC. I agree that this election is pretty much whack. I guess we'll see what happens.
Todd (Christina's Cuz)